Thursday 12 September 2013

A joiners life

Hello everyone. I am new to all this but i thought i must have a go. I will introduce myself, my name is Simon and i am a furniture maker. After many years of going round in circles trying to find the right vocation i decided a couple of years ago (in the midst of a large recession) to start my own business by making hand made bespoke furniture. Its not been easy at times i admit but i love it. I was told when i was training to be a cabinet maker that if i find something i enjoy i won't have to work again so to speak. Today was a strange day with a phone call from DIY SOS about wanting me to work on a project in Peterborough, i will keep it posted how it progresses.  At the moment i am in the middle of a large wall unit for a customer and got 4 more jobs lined up and more coming in daily. My marketing is taking off but like i say it's been hard work getting to this stage with the help of Tim , Rita and loads of others who believe in me. to them i say a big thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment